Confirmation classes meet on Sundays in the church from 5 – 6 pm.
What is Confirmation? Confirmation is one of the Sacraments of Initiation into the Church, together with Baptism and Eucharist. “Confirmation completes the grace of Baptism by a special outpouring of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which seal or ‘confirm’ the baptized union with Christ and equip them for active participation in the worship and apostolic life of the Church.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church – glossary)
More on the sacrament of confirmation be found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church section on the sacraments of Christian initiation:
Adult Confirmation is available for college-age or older adults. Please contact the parish office for more information.
St. Juan Diego High School Youth Confirmation preparation begins in the fall with the Celebration of the sacrament in the spring. Confirmation is open to all High School Youth. Sponsors cannot be a parent; must be over 16 and been confirmed; actively practicing our Catholic faith. (Code of Canon Law, #874)
Forms are located at the FORM tab under Faith Formation.
High School Youth Confirmation Candidate requirements
- Must be a Baptized Catholic
- Will provide a copy of their Baptism Certificate
- Must either be a registered member of the parish, or a provide letter of permission from your parish priest
- Will attend a designated number of sessions, allowing for sickness and emergencies.
- Will complete out of class assignment – for example, the Candidates will interview their sponsors.
- Will attend a Confirmation retreat
- Will participate in at least one Community Service project and be involved in Youth Group
- Building relationships between youth and parish community.
- Faith Formation.
- Participation in the Mission and Ministry of the Church.
- Involvement of parents and sponsors in the preparation.
This program should enable candidates to come to a well-formed decision concerning Confirmation